Frequently Asked Questions
Please note this FAQ is specific to trips on Gemini. For trips on other
boats, please read the information provided on the booking pages.
- How can we make our final payment?
- For trips on Gemini you can pay by bank transfer (see bank transfer details) or you can pay the skipper at
the start of your trip. You must bring cash if you will pay the skipper - we
do not have card payment facilities on the boat.
- For trips on other boats please check the instructions you received
when making your booking.
- How fit do we need to be?
- The cruise is a relaxing trip, not a work-out, so fitness isn't an issue.
- However, to board the boat you do need to climb a couple of steps up the
boarding ladder. If you have any problems with mobility, let me know, and I
will arrange to collect you from the fuel dock, where you can simply step
- Can we join another group?
- No. All trips are private and it is not possible to join with other groups.
- Is there a toilet on board?
- Yes, but it can be a bit of a challenge with the boat moving through the
waves! Probably best to go before the trip.
- What about seasickness?
- Gemini is very heavy for a boat of her size, which makes her a particularly
steady boat. But if you are sensitive to motion sickness, I recommend a medicine
called "Stugeron" (generic name - Cinnarizine). You can get it over the counter
at any pharmacy. Take one tablet about an hour before sailing.
- If you do feel queasy on the boat, the best advice is to lie on your back
and close your eyes (yes, really!) for a few minutes. It works wonders for most
- Can we bring food or drinks with us?
- Yes! You can bring anything you like. Water is provided on the boat, and also napkins
and disposable cups, plates, and cutlery.
- What about smoking?
- No problem. Feel free to smoke on deck. No smoking inside the boat.
- What footwear should we wear?
- Something comfortable and practical. High heels should be avoided, both for
your own safety, and to prevent damaging the wooden decks.
- Can we stop for a swim?
- Yes! If the sea is calm enough. It usually is, especially in the morning. It
should be warm enough for the braver swimmers in late May. The rest of us might
prefer to wait until mid-June for the temperature to rise a little more.
- Can we play music?
- I don't have a music player on the boat but sometimes people bring a player
with them and that's perfectly OK. I'm hoping to fit a player to the boat this
- Do we need to know anything about sailing?
- Absolutely not! The skipper will do the sailing, while you do the relaxing! But if
you do want to get involved in sailing the boat, that's fine as well.
- I carry full public liability and accident insurance. I do not have any
coverage for clients' personal belongings.
- Where can we leave a review?
- If you enjoyed your trip on Gemini, I would very much appreciate it if you can take a moment to write a review on TripAdvisor or Google+